The Siege on the Hidden Lake Palace was a one-man assault on the Acua Clan on behalf of the Dominion of Kyloto.
- Azuma Umi refuses the Dominion of Kyloto's nineteenth request to be drawn into it.
- Shen decides to have a special "twentieth greeting" in order to bring the clan into the Dominion permanently.
- Shen dispatches his right hand, Oran Mandarin, to Mizuoh.
- Oran arrives at the Palace during sunset.
- The Palace Guards refuse his entry.
- Oran begins slaughtering the guards, eventually altering the Umi Family.
- Azuma sends the rest of the guards to fight.
- Oran begins fending off the guards, and kills a retainer of the family.
- Oran soon catches fire to the Palace. A foolish member of the Umi Family attempts to put it out, but is cut down.
- Guards try to evacuate the Umi Family, but Oran cuts down another family member and three retainers, amongst some of the guards.
- Oran begins striking down civilians amongst the guards and the remaining retainers and family members.
- Azuma confronts Oran and challenges him.
- Oran cuts off Azuma's arm in the first strike, before impaling him in the back.
- Oran begins beating Azuma on the ground, before raising him up by the neck.
- Oran repeats the request to join the Dominion one final time.
- Azuma refuses to co-operate, forcing Oran to strangle him to death.
- Oran begins hunting down Shio Umi, the remaining member of the Umi Family.
- He kills eight people and burns down 3 houses before finding her.
- She attempts to flee, but he pins her down and crushes one of her fingers.
- Oran abducts Shio as the sun rises across the blood-stained city.
- Shio Umi is made the head of the Acua Clan under orders of Shen Gikoku.
- The Hidden Lake Palace is rebuilt under the watch of the Oka Eritoshin. A mark is left there to show their dominance over the Umi Family.
- An Oathkeeper is stationed in the palace.
- The Acua Clan is unable to leave the Dominion, as they have previously done.